Načeradec

village · Podblanicko

A hillside townlet in the middle of Podblanicko, first recorded in 1184 — its church of St. Peter and Paul keeps a Romanesque core under centuries of Gothic additions.

Načeradec is one of the oldest documented places of the Podblanicko: the first written mention comes from 1184, in Jarloch’s chronicle, which records a mass held here for the deceased abbot Gotšalk. The church of St. Peter and Paul above the sloping square is the reason the record exists — founded in the first half of the 12th century as a Romanesque tribune church, it grew a long Gothic presbytery after a 1278 fire and two side chapels in the 1350s–60s, and is protected as a cultural monument. For walkers the townlet is the one service point in the farm country between Čechtice and Blaník.

Hikes passing here

  • Two Winter Days to Blaník

    A 50 km two-day winter traverse of the Podblanicko from Vlašim to Kondrac — the Kalamajka lookout, a night at Růžkovy Lhotice and a finish under Blaník.

    50.0 km 2 days ↑ 710 m hard